Call from Christ for Social Justice: “Inherit the Kingdom…For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink… naked and you clothed me…whatever you did for the least of my brothers, you did for me” Matthew 25.
What is Outreach at St. Timothy’s?
- Collecting Food for the Hungry (in our One Can A Week Program)
- Collecting Clothes for the Needy (in the Coat Drive, Socks and Underwear Drive, etc.)
- Collecting Books to counteract illiteracy (in our Book Drive)
- Collecting for Emergencies and Needs that are unknown at this time
- Working with the Parish Council and other St Timothy Organizations to promote Social Justice in our Greater Hartford Community
- Working with the Greater Hartford Schools to address their needs
Who are We?
Outreach Committee Members are caring people who demonstrate the presence of Christ to others in need through listening to the needs of others, proactively collecting and distributing needed items and resources, helping others in need and providing financial support as approved by the Pastor and Parish Council.
We are lay women and men involved in the outreaching force of our parish. In 2012, we are 30 in number. We are looking for more people to join us in this very rewarding ministry.
What is Required?
Your willingness to answer “the Call” and to be the heart and hands of Christ to others, to provide food to the hungry, to provide clothing to those in need, to listen to the needs of less fortunate people and communities and to help them.
How Much Time Will It Take?
Attendance at committee meetings once a month from September through June for 1 to 2 hours.
Time spent working on drives (clothing drives, toy drives, book drives, blanket drives, etc.) can be intense over a short period of time (a weekend, a week or a month). Depending upon the number of drives you are able to help with or lead, the time commitment varies. Help as much as you can, but please join us to help.
How do I Become an Outreach Committee Member?
Think about it and thank you for considering this most meaningful ministry.